Skirt project

It seems that all that writing during NaNoWriMo pushed me in a “make something we can touch, dammit” direction and so here I am constructing a handkerchief skirt.

My two kinds of material.
 

This material was very difficult to make do exactly what I wanted to do.  But I persevered.
 
I made bias tape for the first time.  It was easy.  But I made too much the first round.
 
Prepping the waistband.

Stay tuned for the final product.

3 thoughts on “Skirt project”

  1. Ooh! I love that I got to see the final product in action tonight – it looks great and has excellent spin action. I wish I had seen this post first, because then I would have known to inspect the bias tape.

  2. I love that I got to see this project in real life tonight – it looks great (and has good spin action!). And it would give any gathering a festive air. I wish I had read this post first because then I would have known to inspect the bias tape.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.