The Kristen is the first pattern I’ve made from Burda Style. It cost $4.00 to download and then I printed out the pattern, taped it together and now I am cutting it out. I’m not certain why you need to see 10 pictures of me cutting out a pattern, but I took them, so you get to see them. As a reward, at the bottom is the material I chose.
Upper right is the contrast detail, lower half is main fabric, bit in the left corner is the lining. I found the main fabric material back in January when I was buying skirt material. I’m only allowed one sewing project at a time and I thought this design and weight would make a beautiful Crepe Dress from Collette Patterns. That’s the dress I plan on making for my 20-year reunion, which is the project after this one. But the bolt was considerably slimmer on this trip and Julie (she of the excellent fabric picking skills) convinced me that I needed to get the material for THIS dress and find something else delightful for the reunion dress, as this material might not be there when I came back next time. I’m so glad she convinced me of this.