This three-day weekend, my last until Memorial Day, was spent getting the new work-from-home space in order.
I installed shelves and bulletin boards and assembled my new desk. It’s an adjustable standing desk, and here you can see it from the working side.
Here is the at-home side.
I bought two keyboard trays, one for working, one for personal use. But I forgot to check to see if they would both fit under the desk. They did not. I engineered this solution, buying a length of wood, cutting it into two pieces and offsetting those pieces from the for-work keyboard tray. It worked.
What didn’t work was not accounting for the crank handle on this side. I ended up moving the keyboard over far to the left. In that position, I have just enough space to turn the crank fully. Here’s the desk in the seated position.
Installing those keyboard trays was a two-person job. They were really wiggly. Luckily, Matt came and held the brackets steady while I screwed in the screws.
I have no more desk drawers and my shelves don’t put things in easy reach, so I bought this caddy at Ikea. It can roll to either side of the desk.
If I want, I can store the chair and the Ikea caddy under the desk itself.
I ordered bookends from Etsy. Those will be shipped.
I’m glad I could make both sides work and I’m looking forward to seeing how the new setup works from day to day.