The bodice has facings along the neckline and the arms. I am making tiny stitches in the facings and sewing the seam to the facings, to encourage the facing to roll the right way. Sentinel is helping and watching a movie with me.
Even after I did this, the arm facings would not behave, constantly turning out. I ended up doing what Gertie did and carefully sewing the facings to the underlining. That worked well, because of the two layers of fabric, but I’m not sure what I would have done if I had only one layer of fabric. I’ve made a not on my pattern to underline, should I want to make this dress again.